Wednesday 16 February 2011

Idolising god

In the 21st century , we as a society have a stereotypical image of what we link 'Jesus' looks like, but how do we really know if this is true? I set my self a challenge to find bearded men, which link closely the image of Jesus. Stereotypical image of Jesus:




With our stereotype of what Jesus looked like; couldn't anyone who looks like that in the 21st century be mistaken for him? What a mystery.... When photographing men with beards I still found it quite difficult to approach strangers randomly, but the ones I did were nice about it although I think they thought I was joking and a bit strange. But after a quick explanation, they were fine with it. The first man had a very interesting character to him, as he was growing his beard, and in his own words said 'I know, I'm starting to look like a tramp'. I wanted to complete this task as it continues to help boost confidence with communicating to strangers as well as going out my comfort zone and experimenting more. So far for my exam I have centred my images around creation and nature; which is my whole idea, but I felt I needed to go an extra mile and add more variety to my images. And this task suited perfectly, as it links well to my overall idea of the Mystery of God and whether Jesus himself is a mystery or real.

No comments:

Post a Comment