Monday 7 March 2011

Exploring ideas for my final piece

For my final piece, I had initially thought about doing different ideas like media: video/film, or an installation linking to cross/creation etc. But I had no inspiration for these ideas although they may have turned out well. Instead, I had an idea of creating a 3D cross, of which I would use to place things in it and so on. Originally I had ideas like:

  • Getting twigs and attaching my photos to the twigs by string and then having the twigs/sticks in the cross.

(This idea was one that I thought of twice but I felt it was too boring and needed more to it.)



  • Having my images placed on another cross shape inside the 3D cross with lights behind it to shine through.

(The light idea I loved, and it probably would have looked effective but the technical side caused problems with being able to plug it in, fitting it in, etc)



  • Having sand in the cross and placing images inside the cross with the sand/ stones/ shells etc.

(This was the idea I was very close to doing, but after deliberation it felt too easy and simple.)



  • Hang my images like on a 'washing line' but along the middle of the cross with layers of nature along the bottom.

(Again this was one that I could have done, but I then decided to scrap the idea of having any forms of nature in it. It seemed interesting to do, but had no inspiration in what to do with it)


There were so many different ideas that I had but some of them seemed either to be really simple and slightly boring and others really difficult and too complex to make.


This image shows sketches I drew to help figure out which idea I was doing and what I had decided wasn't good to do.

Starting from the top going left right left right... is the order I had thought of them. The bottom right, is the idea I am now doing. I fortunately had an outline of an idea from near enough the beginning of what I wanted to do; although I had many changes of heart, it seemed at least to get me somewhere better. I was certain that I was going to create a 3D cross and use my images in there some where as soon as I had them printed. I have 36 photos which are 6 by 4 (the smallest I could get), that are of beach, sunsets/rises, animals, harbour, worship, cross, and church. Mainly images I have used in my previous posts to continue suggesting the aspects of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment